10 things I've learned as a new parent

by - 2:19 PM

Emma is now more then 3 months old and Andrew and I are starting to get used to this whole parenting scene. 


So I've decided to share with you just ten random things I've learned since entering into the world of parenting. 

1. Always have a second outfit ready. For you and the baby. Drool, puke, poo, you get the idea. 

2. Most old people adore babies (who would have known!!) I get stopped by every person I see over 60, so that they can drool over Emma. Cracks me up. 

3. Always have something pink attached to your baby girl when out and about. Unless you want to hear "He's so cute!!" about 20 times. I've stopped correcting people. 

4. Grandparents are truly a gift from God. It so nice to stay at our parents or have them come visit, they love holding Emma, even when she's super fussy (which most others steer clear of). 

5.  Sleep is precious, no matter how much your getting. 

6. Date nights are gold. 

7. It's surprisingly hard not to talk about your child all the time. I never thought this one would happen to me, but I'm guilty!

8. Your iPhone quickly becomes a "baby cam" with 16G's of Emma pictures. 

9. Stop lights have now become "torture lights", that is if Emma is not sleeping in her car seat. 

10. Babies are beautiful miracles and precious gifts from God. He has a beautiful way of bringing you great joy through these little munchkins. 



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. awh! I did not get enough cuddles in last weekend! A visit will have to be in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honest reflections, Sharlet. #3 especially made me laugh! Emma is dearly loved and definitely blessed to have you for a mom!

    ReplyDelete