Board Book for Emma

by - 8:00 AM

My friend Nicole came over the other day and was sharing with me an idea of felt books made for children (find examples here), they are SO NEAT!

Nicole inspired me to make a board book for Emma, one which I was going to buy here. But WHY NOT create it myself. Its no gorgeous felt book, but its really great for her age right now. I'll work on the felt when she might appreciate it more (2 years old maybe?)

I used this post that I found via pinterest as my guide. She takes a real board book that she got for free from a Wendy's and simply covers it with her own design on card stock, so simple. So that is what I've done.




Process:

1. I used an older board book that we barely read to cover
2. Measure each page by height and width
3. Made my picture/name design in InDesign
4. Printed them out on card stock (or you could use label sheets!)
5. Used double sided tape to secure each page to the book
6. Cut edges into rounded corners to mirror book pages





You May Also Like

0 comments